Thirty things to complete before my 30th birthday:
HEALTH & WELLNESS:
1. Get in the best shape of my life.
In progress: Have lost 107 lbs as of 4/1/2012.
2. Run (not walk) a charity race to raise money for a cause that is important to me.
3. Learn the art of yoga and meditation and practice regularly.
WORK, FINANCES, & PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS:
4. Buy one, expensive, perfectly-tailored business suit.
5. Have a piece of writing published.
6. Teach a course at a university or community college.
7. Find a job and move outside of Florida.
8. Pay off credit card debt.
9. Buy a piece of property.
DATING & LOVE:
10. Go speed dating.
11. Send a drink to the most attractive guy in the room.
12. Try online dating for six months.
In progess: Created profile for online dating site on March 24, 2012.
13. Fall in love.
14. Party at Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
15. Attend the Sundance Film Festival.
16. See a Broadway play on Broadway.
17. Be in Times Square when the ball drops for the New Year.
18. Take a cruise to a tropical location.
COMPLETE! Cruised November 20-27, 2011 on the Carnival Valor to Mexico, Belize, Honduras, and the Cayman Islands.
19. Actually go to Australia with my friend Erin like we have always talked about.
20. Provide volunteer relief to an impoverished area outside of the United States.
21. Read the first 50 books on Radcliffe’s Rival 100 Best Novels List.
In progress: Currently stuck on #3 The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck.
22. Get a professional massage.
23. Learn basic photography and photo-editing techniques.
24. Sing karaoke in public.
25. Get a tattoo.
26. Take a pole-dancing class.
27. Attend a major sporting event.
28. Audition for a play, musical, show or other performance.
29. Go backstage at a concert.
30. Swim with a dolphin.
COMPLETE as of November 25, 2011 at Dolphin Cove in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands.